Thursday, November 25, 2010

Today I am most grateful for

the safe and healthy arrival of

Virginia Ruth
8 lbs 10 oz
20.5 inches long

She is sweet, chubby cheeked, and cuddly.

I honestly don't even know how to begin to describe what a sweet and tender experience the last few days have been. She came less than two hours after my water broke, and less than an hour after arrival at the hospital. I feel like her labor and delivery were in every way a sweet and tender mercy. And little Ginny is herself the most tender part of all.


I am in love.

And so is Raymond. He wakes up from nap and sleep saying, "baba" (baby) and going to find her. He wants to hold, kiss, touch, and look at her as much as we will let him. 


Virginia is (so far) a champion eater and sleeper. She cuddles and snuggles and begs to be loved. And without doubt ever person in this house is smitten.

ps These photos just don't even begin to do her justice. She has the sweetest, roundest little face with a rosebud mouth and kissable cheeks. Her hair is dark with bit of blonde, and about as thick as Raymond's is currently. Long fingers and toes and a little body that is more ball than anything else. Someday we'll live by one of our photography siblings so we can post better pictures, but until then, these are taking with love.

15 comments:

Shannon said...

Congratulations! I heard the good news yesterday. I'm so glad that everything went smoothly and quickly with her birth. She is adorable. Hope you are enjoying this special Thanksgiving Day!

Kelly said...

Carly - What an amazing blessing to have such beautiful and healthy children. I'm sending lots of love and good wishes for these beginning weeks of having two kids in the house. Congratulations!

Tianna said...

Ooooh! She's so precious! Congrats! I'm so excited for you!!!

Cat said...

congratulations. glad to hear she is eating well and that the delivery went so smooth!

joyous said...

Congratulations!!! She is beautiful and I'm so glad that you are both healthy and well. :)

Amy said...

That's wonderful. I'm glad you both are doing well. She's as beautiful as her name.

Tasha said...

The pictures are perfect. Just what I needed. Oh, she is just beautiful. I cannot wait to see her. I love how your carseat turned out too. You are amazing. I love that Raymond just loves her. He is so sweet. I am still in awe with her dilvery story and how quickly she came. I love you...all of you. Keep the pictures coming. I am so glad she is here and safe and really...she is adorable. I know I cannot wait to hold her...and take lots and lots and lots of pictures of her. Love you Carly Jane...and that cute family of yours.

Deb said...

So very cute and precious! Welcome little Ginny!

dntbaker said...

so precious! congrats...uhhh i guess i hsould have mailed that package a lot sooner... ok that is my goal this week! :)
i love the picture of you and the baby with raymond and all the red! it makes me happy for you. and yay for good eaters and sleepers!

elizabeth said...

Congratulations!! I was with your mom just after you had her and saw the picture of her in the delivery room with you. So special!! I wonder if that hair will turn red?? Hmmm. . . Congrats again. When I told Shannon, her first words were, "no fair"! But then she quickly came around ;-) I'm so hoping this is the week for Shannon. Enjoy that baby!

Anonymous said...

Oh! Congrats! She is adorable - I want another one!

Emma said...

She is beautiful Carly. Congrats to you and Jeremy. You truly were blessed with a quick delivery. I love the pictures of you with your two babies, so sweet. I am so happy for you. Good thing I got your package in the mail last week. I wish I lived close so I could help you. Sending my love and prayers.

Katy said...

Congratulations!!! She looks soooo sweet. Love those cheeks!! I'm so glad everything went well!

jackster said...

Congrats!!!! She is a doll! I can't wait to see her and hope you're all doing well!

Anonymous said...

so precious! I am so happy everythign went well. I hear a lot about you guys from Tasha. I feel like I have been a part of it. :) I know t hat sounds silly. I am glad she is here and is doing well.