Monday, September 28, 2009

baby faces

rosy cheeks
one cocked eyebrow
staring off into distant places
eager anticipation
wide eyes
distracted gazing
the prairie dog fists
buried nose
head scratching
eyes rolling
finger chewing
singing and sucking
eyes darting
shirt grabbing
little leg stretching
silent sleeping
furrowed brow
finger holding
delicate red eyelashes drooping

Some of Raymond's most adorable and endearing moments happen while nursing. So even if I did have new batteries for my camera, you wouldn't get to see them. Although I wish you could. He is so darling.

7 comments:

Leslie said...

He is such a cute baby. I love your poem.

Jeanine said...

Yeah, we really need to see this kid again.

Cat said...

Oh I love nursing faces. They are the sweetest.

Matthew and Lindsey said...

loved chatting at the womens conference! Great to hear your thoughts/and advice!!

Cansas said...

I agree. There's just something about nursing. I missed it with Gavin, I think I was too stressed out, but I'm beginning to enjoy it this time around.

Tasha said...

What a cutie patudy!! I sure do love him. Only about 50 more days and I get to hold him and love him. So excited!! And go Raymond for doing tummy time. Goodboy!!

Kendra Goodrich said...

There is no way to describe a little one and what it's like to be witness to all those wonderful moments in an otherwise ordinary day.