Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Autumn

I fall into fall
dripping from the summer sun
ready for the crunch
of raked leaves
a kaleidoscope of reds
and muddy prints
after a chilly downpour
turning to snow

5 comments:

Mom C said...

Beautiful. I have always loved, loved fall. One of my most favorite "first fall" experiences always comes during canning season. It comes when I am standing at the sink, the window slightly ajar(usually canning peaches or pears)and this cool hint of fall breeze comes softly through the window. It always makes me smile and I know summer is gone and fall is here for its brief moment in time.

Jeanine said...

I do like fall, when you just need a jacket to stay warm. BUT, I know in the back of my mind it is bringing winter and snow! OH how I dislike snow!

Tasha said...

Fall really is one of my favorite seasons. I don't really get it, but I will kind of when winter hits in December. Enjoy the beauty for me!!

Jaime said...

What a gorgeous picture.

Kendra Goodrich said...

I love autumn, I don't know why but I think it is one of the best times of the year. The picture is beautiful....