Friday, April 23, 2010

Do not enter

Do you see the look of mischief in his eyes?

For a while we've talked about getting an extra long gate to span the space between our living room and our kitchen. Not that our apartment isn't small enough already. It's just that this boy can cause some serious havoc in the kitchen if I turn my back for a wee moment.

So today Jeremy got creative making a mini barricade with the kitchen chairs and chair cushions.

It was good times had by all as Raymond made progress breaking it down.

I tell you, this one's got a little sauce in him. I can't even imagine what life will be like when he can walk!

(Big yawn. Don't worry, Dude, nap time's coming.)

(Editor's comment: Sorry. I know none of these pictures are great. And that I've been a slacker blogger lately. Did I mention it's been cold this week? It took the life right out of me. Maybe next week will be better!) 

4 comments:

Kendra Goodrich said...

Oh my goodness! We have the same thing going on at out house. We already have a gate so he doesn't get down the stairs and now we have one in the living room. Jason's got very creative with it all! A couple chairs and our table leaf, it's very funny!

sara said...

Oh boy! He is just like Maggie. She goes straight for the kitchen ALL THE TIME and can make such a mess. That's with half the cubboards having locks on them too! We tried this once and she got in in record time. I don't know why they love to get into places and things THEY KNOW they should not be into! He is getting so big. I can't WAIT to see him next week!!!

LindseyFae* said...

I see the mischief in his eyes!! He's growing up so fast! He's not supposed to be breaking things yet.. when did that happen?

joyous said...

Yikes!! That is really hard. One thing I try sometimes is turning off the kitchen light when I'm not in there. Rachel is less likely to go in there. (But it's not foolproof like a gate.)