- The wonder of ceiling fans. Nothing cuter than a little man laying belly down on the carpet with his neck cranked to watch those spokes go round and round.
- Wedding announcements magnetized to my fridge. Ah the beauty of new love. Makes my heart happy.
- Corn packs. A few years ago my mom made mass quantities of corn packs (you know, the ones you heat in the microwave and snuggle with on long
winterspring nights?). I don't think I could live without mine. - The internet. Keeps a stir-crazy mama at bay.
- Living prophets. Really, I think Conference was made for me this time around. Perhaps moreso than ever before. That's saying a lot.
- Oh, and for an extra: my parents coming to see us tomorrow. I've been counting the days! Less than one to go...
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Five things that are making me happy
This week I've been in something of a funk. Nothing big... just, you know, not in the mood to take a shower (don't worry, I overcame). When times such as these come my way, I'm convinced a dose of gratitude always does the trick. Here's my list for the week:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Happy day that you only have 1 more day until you get to see Mom and Dad. YEAH! That means Raymond gets some good Grandma and Grandpa time. I sure do love you Carly Jane. A whole whole stinkin lot!!!
Good work on pulling yourself out of a funk, Carly! I'll have to remember this trick. I'm grateful for many things, but writing them down makes a difference. :) Love ya!
The funk hits me a lot, but this morning I woke up with such a grateful heart. I have a good life. And maybe that's why Thanksgiving is in the fall, when things are not quite so blooming beautiful.
Spring just makes my heart sing.
My dear friend Carly! This is Meggan Kimball (now Combs). Remember me? :) I was sitting around and happened to link from someone to your blog and just had to say hi. Your family is absolutely the CUTEST! Your little guy's cheeks are irresistible. I live in Washington now with my hubby and two little girls. (4 year old Ava and 2 week old Norah). 2 week old Norah... hence the sitting around and lurking on the internet during late night nursing sessions. Anyway, just wanted to say hi and hope all is well.
Post a Comment