Saturday, May 24, 2008

Rain Rain Rain

I love weather. I love the moodiness of it. I love clouds moving across the sky, scattering showers as they pass. The past three days there has been the perpetual threat of getting rained on. Twice I walked home only to put my clothes in the dryer. Each night I have fallen asleep to the pitter patter of rain on my roof and wind wrapping around my house. It makes me want to stay up reading into the night, and then roll over to listen to it when the alarm rings in the morning.

And because of the rain, Blanding has turned a brilliant shade of green. It's like Ireland in the middle of the desert. Grass glissins, heavy with dew drops. As twilight falls, the mist comes up to meet the swirling clouds in the sky.

And I stand all amazed.

7 comments:

Kd Perkins said...

I love the rain too, and I love how you write, and I love you! I am truly blessed to know you!

Tasha said...

Oh, so fun!! I hope it stays green until I can get there in three more weeks! Yeah, for fun weather that makes one happy.

Sarah said...

you are such an incredible writer, i could read you all day. will you be publishing a book anytime in the future? put me on the interest list, please.

Jamie C. said...

Rain? You want rain? I'm actually looking forward to our grass turning dorment here this summer. That means it's actually stopped raining! But, by all means, enjoy your rain! Someone should!

Janssen said...

Whatever you just did seems to have fixed your RSS feed - the last ten entries just showed up in Google Reader. Hooray!

sara said...

I've been in the rain too! Isn't the smell of it alone just heavenly??!!

Carly said...

Sarah-- have no fear, I will someday be published (note: that is a very long term goal, but very real nonetheless). Pretty fun stuff!