
I feel like my life has become a soap opera or something. I know you all want updates (as does the ENTIRE town of Blanding), but I am sort of a private person by nature. It feels strange to divulge my thoughts and, well, my heart for the whole world to read. I don't know what exactly to tell you. But, to appease the masses, I'll just give you some basic info. His name in Jeremy. He served his mission in Argentina. He is originally from Blanding. He just came home from his mission in February (yes, I know, but actually it is pretty great) and we met at institute. And pretty much I was not intimidated or nervous because he just got home and I just assumed he wanted friends (and was picking me to be one of them... I really am that naive). We went on our first date (as you faithful readers may recall) to Valley of the Gods way back in March. And the truth is I was smitten then (although I did my very best not to let on at all, I do have journal entries to prove it). He is in every way fantastic--here are a few reasons why:
- He is a first class communicator; he has no problem saying what is on his mind (and getting me to say what is on my mine)
- He is inheritly good. He has good motives and high ideals. As multiple people in Blanding have told me, he glows. He works hard at putting the principles of the gospel into practice, and it shows.
- We think a like. Some of you may have noticed that I don't think like a lot of people. I am sort of weird. It is refreshing to share the same perspective on so many things.
- He is ambitious. This is actually one of my favorite things about him. He is goal driven and focused. He believes he can do anything, and I don't doubt for a second that he will.
- He is extremely tolerant and compassionate toward other people. I rarely have heard him pass judgment or be critical of someone else.
- Ok, I'm not going to lie, he is pretty good looking. I love it when he smiles because his whole face lights up.
- He wears vans. Of course this is not a requirement, but dang it, I love those old schools he wears.
- And, as I've said repeatedly, he makes me smile. A lot.
Ok, I'll stop there. I am already feeling uncomfortable with how much I've spilled; I will probably regret it in the morning. But for those chomping on the bit, I hope I have satiated your appetite--at least for the moment.
(I know I look like a crazy lady in this picture, but it's because I am laughing and you can't hear it. Pretend you can :))
14 comments:
I totally can hear the laugh . . .and I LOVE it!! Actually, the second I saw that last picture it made me smile because it is an indearing face because I know if for your laugh! I didn't even have to read the bottom to know you were laughing. Fabulous! And I happen to love both pictures because it is you two together and I just LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing that!! How long until I come?? I really do want to meet this boy. I love what you shared with all of us. Even though I knew a lot of it, I still love reading it. But, I did not know he wore vans and that comment just made me smile too! Oh happy day!
PS where were those pictures taken at? I think I am calling you today!!
LOVE The post. You are so you in this post. I can hear you "telling" us these things instead of just writing them. And I can hear the minor uncomfortableness at sharing them with everyone instead of your closest confidants (but I can also hear the joy and happiness shouting loudly!). I have to differ with #3 though - you aren't weird. You are unique, which is a good thing. I wouldn't have you any other way :). Love you to the moon and back.
PS This made me love Jeremy even more. I keep having to come back and reread it and really see those pictures again!
I love it! What a fun post :)
I'm glad that even though I'm not reading it until Monday, it's still up here.
He seems wonderful and those things you love about him are so great. Big things and little things, but the fact that you like them all is so cute. I hope things keep going wonderfully and you keep smiling. :)
love it.
thanks for sharing carly! i seriously love that you are so happy! who wouldve thought that in blanding of all places you would meet a great guy?! i have been to blanding... theres not much there!!! way to go carly, he sounds awesome- love the vans, love his ambition, and his smile is adorable. you deserve every bit of happiness! love ya carly!
Yeah!! I always tell my YW to "get them while they're glowing" right off the mission is the best. Thanks for sharing the details. Have fun!!!
yayy carly!! I'm so excited for you!!
yayy carly!! I'm so excited for you!!
Oh how cute! Carly, I'm sooo happy for you! He is sooo dang lucky! Seriously, you are such a catch, and I am so glad that you've found a guy who not only recognizes it but it a catch himself. You deserve it! Yeay! Here here for the update!
That was so cute to read! Carly you look great! You two look so happy together! And, honestly, what girl doesn't look at a boys shoes to see if she approves? We all do/did it, so cheers for you for actually mentioning it. I love it.
Aside from the Vans, he sounds like a pretty good guy! ;)
Post a Comment