Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Shannon picked me...

I am in the mood to do a somewhat mindless blog. Since Malory's tag requires that I take pictures, Shannon's wins. Rules: answer three things for each section:

20 years ago I...
1. wore a yellow home-made dress for my fifth birthday
2. moved from Long Beach to Westminster
3. would look longingly at the "big girl" books my sisters were reading, wishing I could read them too

10 years ago I...
1. took my first AP test (Biology--I passed with a four!)
2. went to a stake dance every weekend (rotating between Cypress, Irvine, Huntington Beach, and Orange)
3. went everywhere with Tasha in our 1974 olive green Datsun B210

5 years ago I...
1. was helping Tasha get ready for her upcoming June wedding
2. took 17 credits, worked 20 hrs a week, and pulled straight As! Whew!
3. unexpectedly learned I would serve a mission (I left five years ago come November)

3 years ago I..
1. came home from my mission (el cinco de mayo)
2. applied to work at the MTC and was hired to teach the welfare sisters
3. decided to move into the Gee House south of campus

1 year ago I...
1. worked full time at the MTC (teaching English and ESL missionaries)
2. started buying furniture and making plans to move to Blanding
3. lived with the most fabulous roommates, including: Katy O., Alli, and Summer

So far this year I have...
1. survived my first year teaching (my seniors have been checking out TODAY!), school's out officially next week
2. learned to live alone and not be too lonely :)
3. fallen in love with southeastern Utah

Yesterday I...
1. taught a full day of classes
2. graded a bizillion papers
3. went to my writing group for the second time (and received good feedback on a fiction piece I am working on. Now I need to figure out what comes next in the story...)

Today I....
1. finished entering all my senior grades and printed progress reports. So far I've checked out about half of my seniors
2. set up a table of food for my AP kids to snack on during the break of their AP test (fingers crossed for them!)
3. taught my other morning classes (so far, it's only lunch)

Tomorrow I will...
1. teach my American Lit (juniors) class... it's all I'll have left after today!
2. go to the temple
3. do something with Jeremy (um, this is usually everyday)

In the next year I may...
1. survive my second year of teaching
2. go to Disneyland with Paige
3. dang it, don't ask me what I am doing with my life right now! This feels like a turning point year, so who knows what curve balls are headed my way

6 comments:

Tasha said...

Very fun! I loved reading this. I loved seeing what you put in each catagories. Good luck checking your seniors out and even more good luck to the AP class testing!!!

Shannon said...

Yay! I thought it was a pretty fun little survey thing. Anyway, here's to reliving memories, living fully in the present and looking forward to an exciting future! Can't wait to hear what's next for my beautiful red-headed cousin!

joyous said...

I LOVE that Utah schools get out so early. It's such a treat for us Cali folks. (It's a little painful in August when they go back, but not too bad.) Good luck on your story!

Janssen said...

I loved this! And the previous pictures of you and Jeremy - you guys are CUTE together!

Amy said...

Carly,

Great blog. I always enjoy reading what you write. You certainly inspires me to keep a more positive outlook.

sara said...

I liked this "tag" that your did. Fun fun. Yea for being almost done teaching!!!